Attention fitness participants! With the many changes in the COVID-19 situation in Hawaii and nationwide, I would like to update you on how Lanai Community Health Center, Wellness Department, are helping to prevent the spread of germs. It is with these everyday actions that not only help prevent the spread of COVID-19 but also prevent the transmission of other viruses and diseases.
We encourage fitness participants to do the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Please help us do a thorough wipe down of the equipment you have used and help us prevent the spread of germs.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from illnesses, including COVID-19. Keep in mind that supplies are limited and we need to make sure there are enough masks for our front-line health care workers. If you are sick then wear a mask to protect the people around you.
Please Note Supplemental Information Below:
- If you have daily medication needs, have more than a week’s supply on hand and have as much on hand as your insurance will allow you to have.
- Not everyone can afford to stock up on supplies or has the space to store them, but anything you can arrange in advance means one less inconvenience or one less trip to the store while you are sick.
- Make family plans for the possibility of school or day care closures. Do some contingency planning in advance at the family level.
Source: Hawaii Department of Health
If you would like to bring your own equipment, we encourage you to bring it with you to class, however it is not required.
To stay in touch with the most current updates, sign up for public notifications at health.hawaii.gov/news/covid-19-updates
While regular exercise has many great benefits including keeping the body primed and ready to fight infections, we encourage you to stay home if you are sick or just not feeling well. We’ll miss you at our fitness class, but your peers will appreciate that you did your part to reduce the spread of germs.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us. We will forward all questions and concerns to our medical team.