DISCRIMINATION IS AGAINST THE LAW
Lāna`i Community Health Center (LCHC) complies with applicable Federal, State and Local civil rights laws and rules and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation or marital status. LCHC does not exclude people or treatment them differently because of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or marital status.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information written in other formats (such as large print, audio, accessible electronic formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as
- Qualified interpreters
- Written information in other languages
If you need these services, contact LCHC Clinical Operations Officer.
If you believe that LCHC has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex, you can file a grievance with:
LCHC Clinical Operations Officer, O. Pascual
P O Box 630142, Lāna’i City, HI 96763
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax or e-mail. If you need help filing a grievance, the LCHC Clinical Operations Officer is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue SW, Room 509F
Washington, D.C. 20201
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html