2019 LCHC Scholarship Application
The Lāna’i Community Health Center (LCHC), being an advocate and provider of care for the community of Lāna’i, aims to support its residents who have academic goals in pursuing higher education in health sciences or an administration/finance career in the health service industry. Through this scholarship, LCHC has an opportunity to recognize and support Lāna’i students who are committed to their education. We are seeking out individuals who have excelled in academics, leadership, extra-curricular activities, and community service. It is the hope that those who receive this scholarship will return to Lāna’i to become positive and influential members of the community in the health service industry.
Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded to full-time students and $500 for part-time students. The scholarship must be used towards tuition, books, and other college expenses (receipts will be required).
- Be a Lāna’i resident graduating from Lāna’i High and Elementary School or attending a university or college (preference will be given to LHES 2019 graduating seniors)
- Be accepted to an accredited, post-secondary US community college or university (attach proof of acceptance or transcripts) for the academic year 2019-2020.
- Major in the medical & health science related
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
To apply, students may submit their application starting March 15, 2019 and NO LATER than May 10th, 2019.
- A completed scholarship application form
- Resume: academic achievements, school and community services and other extra-curricular activities
- One academic letter of recommendation
- One professional letter of recommendation
- Official high school or college transcripts
- Letter of acceptance from an accredited college or university
- Personal essay: Please address the following questions in a two page
- Summarize your academic achievements, leadership roles, community services, and other extra-curricular activities
- Indicate the area you plan to pursue and how it will impact the community of Lanai
- Summarize your short and long term goals
- Indicate how this scholarship will allow you to achieve your goals Please submit application materials to:
Lāna’i Community Health Center
333 Sixth Street or mail to P.O. Box 630142 Lāna’i City, HI 96763
T: (808) 565-6919
F: (808) 565-9111
Printable PDF copy here:
Pingback: 2020 LCHC Scholarship Application - Lānai Community Health CenterJanuary 16, 2020 at 10:43 pm
Pingback: 2021 LCHC Scholarship Application - Lānai Community Health CenterJanuary 13, 2021 at 2:31 pm